With the Industrial Strategy White Paper just around the corner, our panellists will be asked to consider the institutions and policies that can support economic growth across the whole of the UK.
- What role can LEPs, local councils, combined authorities, and other regional and local institutions play in the Industrial Strategy?
- How can businesses work with government (local and national) to support regional economies and promote innovation outside of the South East?
- How can we ensure the Fourth Industrial Revolution unlocks economic potential in all the regions of the UK?
20 Nov 2017, 12:00 – 13:30 – COMMITTEE ROOM 10, Portcullis House, Houses of Parliament
The panel will consist of:
Jake Berry MP
Minister for the Northern Powerhouse and Local Growth, Department for Communities and Local Government
Jake was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Communities and Local Government on 14 June 2017. He became an MP for for Rossendale and Darwen in 2010.
- Richard Flint, CEO of Sky Betting and Gaming – a Leeds based tech company who are passionate about local growth –
- Simon Reid, Sector Manager for Advanced Manufacturing at the Liverpool City Region LEP –
- Stephen Kinnock MP, Member of the Brexit Select Committee and 4IR APPG Officer –