23 April 2018, 15:30-17:00, Committee Room 9, House of Commons
The recent Made Smarter Review estimated that digital technology could boost UK manufacturing by £455bn over 10 years and add 175,000 jobs to the economy. With international competitors racing to seize similar opportunities to increase industrial productivity, the UK must act now to embrace the 4IR.
The panel will be asked to consider:
- How can Government work with industry to help UK manufacturing businesses harness new technologies to boost productivity?
- How are AI, robotics, and the Internet of Things transforming the manufacturing sector, and how should Government respond?
- How can we support SMEs to invest in advanced manufacturing and digitised industrial processes?
- What policy issues do Parliament and Government need to address to support the adoption of Industry 4.0 in the UK?
The panel will include:
- Richard Harrington MP, Minister for Business and Industry
- Neil Rawlinson, Director of Strategy at the Manufacturing Technology Centre
- Dr Jeremy Silver, Chief Executive of the Digital Catapult
- Andrew Peters, Managing Director of the Siemens Digital Factory in Congleton
- Moundir Rachidi, Associate Director of The Boston Consulting Group